The weather has been fairly nice around here this past week and Artem and I have taken advantage of it by spending our afternoons hanging out in the backyard, we even had a picnic lunch one day. Normally Artem will not leave my side while we are in the house and has returned to being Velcro boy and wants me to entertain him, but this past week he's getting a little braver and playing out back with Bella. I leave the back door open and stay in the kitchen area working while he comes to the back door every minute or so to yell my name and make sure I'm still here.
Artem is not the kind of boy to jump off furniture or run willy-nilly into a new situation. He's pretty reserved and has to check things out first before he tries something. Each day he's getting a little braver and tries something a little different. He's no longer in the "baby" swing and is trying to master the big boy swing on his bottom and sometimes his stomach. He's had a busted lip here or there and fallen off a few times, but he doesn't give up.
He's also figured out how to climb his ropes and can scale them in no time. He still won't jump off the side and he won't go back down the ropes, but I did catch him trying to put Bella's foot on the ropes the other day; apparently he thinks Bella is ready for the ropes as well.
Artem mastered the slide a long time ago and the other day I was taking pictures of him, big surprise, and saw him trying to go head first down the slide. He got ready to go and called my name so I would watch and as soon as I started to count down for him to slide down, he changed his mind and if he could say it, I know he'd be yelling, "Abort, Abort, Mission No Go!"
I'm in no hurry for him to go head first down the slide but that's a story for another day.
So after taking several hundred pictures, no exaggeration, I uploaded them to my laptop and was looking through them and noticed something I hadn't seen before....knee caps...Artem has knees!! Who knew? When we met Artem he was 24.75 inches tall and now he's over 35 inches tall. He's always been so short and his shorts hung down to the middle of his calves, more like man-pri's rather than shorts. But finally his shorts are actually shorts and it looks like he's ready to graduate from 18-24 month shorts and into 2T. My baby is growing up!
Knee caps!!



10 comments:
Man-pris! Priceless! Love those lil' knee caps!! Okay.. I had a tough time getting through the post before this one about "one year ago".. wow.. hard to believe its been a year.. that just doesn't seem possible. Then, on the other hand, it seems like you've had Artem forever. What a blessed, very blessed boy he is to have you and Randy. God did pick the perfect little boy for you guys.
XOXO
Tiff
I LOVE the photos 'A Boy and his Dog (and his Car)' & 'Swinging with Shades.'
All great works of art need to be named!
Great pictures! Love the sunglasses!
It's so great to notice them growing eh? He's too cute - he'll be going down the slide head-first before you know it and YOU'LL be screaming ABORT!!!!
great pictures! he looks like Randy with those sunglasses on... so cute! he's growing up so fast, he doesn't look like a baby anymore. whatever will you do?! :-P
-michelle
Love all the photos of Artem. He makes me smile. I love his expressions. What a cutie pie.
Love the photos, Susan. And you're so right - he's growing! Artem looks like a proper 'little boy' now, rather than a baby. Don't they grow up fast!
I love me some man-pris...lol. Cute!
Just adorable!
Love the last picture with him running.
I'm curious about Bella - where does she go when you guys go overseas? I bet you miss her!
Post a Comment