Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cookies and Dora



Just a helpful public service announcement...You cannot make chocolate chip cookies in the toaster oven. I'd like to deny the fact that I was too lazy to heat the oven and thought I could put a few cookies into the toaster oven, but I can't. After letting Artem place the pre-cut cookie squares (homemade was just a bridge too far) on the tray and setting the toaster oven to the proper temperature, I placed the cookies in the toaster oven and Artem and I stood watching. But nothing happened. They didn't rise or spread out, well one did, and they turned a strange shade of brown. They won't grace the pages of a food magazine but they tasted a lot better than they looked. Lesson learned, next time use the oven.

Artem has never shown an interest in TV. I put Sesame Street on a few times to see if he would watch, but he doesn't want anything to do with it. Tonight he came up to me and asked, "Dora TV?" and patted the recliner. I turned Dora on the TV and he climbed up and put the blanket on his lap. I got him settled in and went to do the dishes and when I returned a few minutes later to take his picture, he didn't even notice me. Apparently stuffed puppets aren't his thing, but Dora...Dora's got him wrapped around her little finger.

8 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for the cooking lesson...too funny.

Rhandi said...

Dora and cookies...two of my favorite things...lol! William has to watch Dora first thing in the morning and last thing before storytime at night. There is just something about that little Mexican girl...vamanos!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

When my younget son was 2-3 years old, he LOVED Dora (but not Diego) much to the dismay of his brothers. I bought him a few DVDs so he could secretly watch them in the car while big brothers were practicing baseball. He won't watch it himself anymore, but keeps asking if Lexi wants to see it. Too cute!

Laura S said...

Dora is a big hit at our house too...We always watch it in spanish. Little Einsteins is a big one too, recorded in english and dvds in spanish. Mickey and Thomas are big too. We try to limit the amount he watches so we rotate. Plaza Sesemo has never seemed to catch on though.

Beth said...

My boys also LOVE Dora -she has stolen their hearts :) We are making cookies right now - good to know the toaster oven won't cut it, I've definately thought about using it a few times.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sami was Dora obsessed. She loved Diego too.

Anonymous said...

Okay.. So I feel better now! J really has NO interest in T.V., so it is good to know that he has a fellow little toddler out there who is feels the same about T.V. If only I could get J to watch Dora! I am so jealous because I really think it would help with his English AND Spanish vocabuarly! :)

Kami

Troy and Rachel said...

What a cutie! Thanks for the warning because I love my toaster oven and I could totally see trying that!