Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me Monday

Not Me Monday from MckMama

*I did NOT lose my temper and yell gently tell Artem in my nicest, nurturing, sweetest mommy voice I could muster up, to stop pushing the number six button on his toy remote control over and over and over again while we were stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire. “Six, six, six, si, si, si, s, s, s, six, six, six, six” that my friend’s will drive a nun to drink if she had to listen to it over and over again while stuck on the side of the road with her second blown travel trailer tire in 3 days. The FBI could drastically cut down the wait time for a confession if they employed the “Remote Control Torture” tactic that I endured on I-10 just outside of Lake Charles, LA.

*I did NOT turn a blind eye to Artem brushing the dog’s teeth with his new Diego toothbrush that Santa brought him while Randy and I were trying to get the travel trailer set up at midnight in the pitch black dark of a camp ground after traveling all day on the trip from Haites to get home from FL to TX. I also did NOT praise Artem for brushing his own teeth and staying out of our hair while trying to get said trailer set up after seeing him finish brushing the dog’s teeth and then put the toothbrush in his mouth. That would be gross!

*I do NOT envy all the mommies who were able to take Christmas pictures of their children in adorable little holiday outfits. That would be SO vain of me. It does NOT matter that I bought Artem the cutest little Strasburg smocked outfit for Christmas day and it’s still hanging in his closet with the price tag on it. And it absolutely does NOT matter that my only picture of Artem on his first Christmas with us shows him dressed in a FSU muscle shirt, mesh basketball shorts, and flip flops. Nope, I’m definitely NOT jealous of everyone else’s cute Christmas pictures.


*I am NOT in my jammies well past noon while watching DVR’d episodes of “Real Housewives of Orange County”. And I am certainly NOT chugging glasses of Promised Land chocolate milk and munching on kettle cooked BBQ chips while freezing rain falls outside. No, that would make me look pathetic.



*And finally, I did NOT publish my “Not Me Monday” entry a day late. Woo hoo!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the...? Hey, it's Monday! You've messed up my whole blog-reading schedule by publishing this today! I was expecting it tomorrow.

Just kidding!

-stephanie- said...

OMG about the candy tassels. FUNNY.

Carrie said...

OK you are too funny. I have just a few things to say about this post. At least you purchased Artem a cute Christmas outfit. Sam was not so lucky. And I don't see anything wrong with what you are wearing or what you are eating. And last but not least I think you are very brave to post about candy nipple tassels.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

How funny! Maybe your husband will get you edible underwear next year!
You have an adorable little boy. :)

Jennifer Norch said...

OMG...the candy nipple tassels! That whole scene may have been just as embarassing for your mother-in-law!

Little Artem is a cutie! And your blog is cute too! Nice work!

Jennifer Norch said...

OMG...the candy nipple tassels! That whole scene may have been just as embarassing for your mother-in-law!

Little Artem is a cutie! And your blog is cute too! Nice work!

Laura S said...

That is hilarious...I don't think I could look at my MIL again knowing that. Hehe.

And I'm a big fan of the FSU muscle shirt look for Christmas. :) We didn't get the cute Christmas card photo either...so you aren't alone. Glad you made it back safely if not sanely. Is that a word? I guess it is now!

Melissa said...

Yeah, Iliya had the Strasburg cupcake outfit for his birthday...and I ran off and left it at our "other" home the weekend we were having his party. Kept forgetting to grab it when we were there, so I could do his 3 year old pictures in it. So his birthday outfit is still hanging in his closet, with the tags on it & plastic around it. Makes me sick, but oh well. So I relate to that!!

Katie said...

Now come on, you KNOW Randy didn't intend that to be a joke...LOL! And we have had the very same experience with blown tires on our 5th wheel. Try it on I-10 in the middle of AUGUST!!!

Over Caffeinated Mama said...

I laughed my tail off at your post (as usual.) If the tassels were a "joke", then how do you know they have self stickies? Hmmmm?

We have a similar story about the time Baby Tad's batteries were dying and he became possessed and WOULDN"T SHUT UP and then started moaning.

By the way, can someone PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THE STRIKE THROUGH THING on the blog?