Saturday, January 3, 2009

Favorite Things Friday...Late AGAIN!

Geesh, it's starting to become a pattern for me to be a day late for Favorite Things Friday. I should just change it up to "Sum it up Saturday".

1. One of my favorite things to do is home decorating. I really enjoy finding my "inspiration piece" and working a room around it. Six years ago we built this house and three weeks after moving in, Randy deployed to South Korea for a year (his third tour in Korea) and I spent my free time, which there was plenty, decorating the house. My best buddy Tiffany spent as much time helping me decorate my house as she did her own and back in the pre-kids day, we would stay up till 1:00 a.m. painting my kitchen.
It's time for a new look in the house so I went to Hobby Lobby tonight and found my new inspiration piece and I'm excited to gear up again to decorate. The fabric below is for my kitchen and I'd like to buy a new black round table and do a French Country theme. This is the table I've got my eye on but I'd prefer some Windsor chairs. Unfortunately for me, my partner in crime, uhm...partner in decorating, does not live in my state anymore so I've been furiously emailing her to get ideas. I can't wait to start!


2. Have I mentioned how much I love Artem's sense of style? I turned around for one minute the other night at dinner to get something and when I turned back I found Artem wearing his sunglasses upside down blowing on his hot black beans and rice. Clearly his fashion sense knows no boundaries. He wears his glasses everywhere and it always makes me smile when I see him wearing them.

3. Choo Choo Trains. My father is a train FANATIC and my whole life has involved trains in some capacity. I've been known to roll down my window when I'm stopped by a train just to listen to the sound of the train rumble by on the track and hear the whistle blow. Artem has caught my father's train bug and we took him to the train show today at the Mayborn Museum in Waco. He was so excited to watch the trains and kept saying, "Ho Ho" (the grand kids call my father Ho Ho, like he was telling us that Ho Ho would like to see the trains. My father gave Artem a train and they've been on train rides together in the past. It was really sweet of him to think of my father like that.
The Mayborn Museum was awesome and we had no idea they had so much neat stuff. Do you think Artem was interested in the gigantic whale skull?
How about the huge sea turtle skeleton?
Nope, he wanted to see the "Choo Choos" and got VERY upset with us when we told him we had to go and he couldn't watch the trains anymore.
By the way, the above picture of Artem is NOT one of my favorite things!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! The museum trip, that is. :) And the decorating!!!! I love hashing this stuff out with you. Just wish I was there to scurry around Hobby Lobby with you! Hmmmm...maybe a weekend getaway trip?? :)

Miss ya!
Tiff

P.S. Thanks for playing along with FTF...or Saturdays... It doesn't matter what day you do it! I just love that you like doing it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe posting your Friday faves a day late should be one of your favorite things.

It's probably (maybe) Friday somewhere when you post your faves on Saturday, and if not, it was Friday recently and that should be good enough!

My new year's resolution: rewrite the rules.

Laura S said...

LOL! Mateo loves trains right now too. Very sweet that he associates "Ho Ho" with trains and wishes that he could be there to see them. Amazing the connections they are able to make. Mateo does that with tractors and my dad.

Carol said...

I breathe a sigh of relief when I see other buddies kids having the "we have to go" meltdown. P is the king of them and the facial expressions are the same!