I used to use the bleach drop in tablets; you know, the ones that are so strong you need a chemical suit and gas mask to drop them into the tank. After only 2 years in our then new home, the bleach tablets ate away at the rubber gasket flapper seal (I'm guessing that's not the correct technical term) and I had to replace both of them and admit defeat in that method of toilet sanitation.
A couple years ago, I thought I had the end-all solution to my toilet cleaning woes. I found this handy clip on sanitizer that was shaped and sized like a little, plastic dill pickle, that hung gingerly on the inside rim of the toilet and "cleaned and sanitized" the commode with each flush for 30 days. Pure genius!! Day in and day out I watched the product worked amazingly well, even giving it a little wink of gratitude along the way for all it's hard work, until one morning the little pickle could not hold on any longer and fell victim to a double flush and firmly logged itself into the bend of the pipe and before my very eyes, I watched my silent defender of toilet evil become a VERY big problem in our house. Even with my limited plumbing knowledge, I knew that when the water filled to the top of the bowl and a quiet hush fell upon the bathroom, I was in big trouble and either I was going to be paying through the nose for a plumber, this happened to be Christmas morning, or I was about to challenge Randy with his toughest Man-of-the-House-Do-it-Yourself project yet.
To make a really gross story short, I was absolutely FORBIDDEN to use any type of tablet, clip on, little pickle looking thing, EVER again on any toilet in any of our homes, now and forever, AMEN. (That was the cliff-noted version of what Randy yelled at me that day)
So imagine my delight when I discover that the good folks at SC Johnson came out with a new product that neither clips on nor drops in tablet form in the tank AND it cleans and freshens with a lemon fresh scent with each flush for up to 7 days. It even sticks to the side of the toilet in the shape of a dainty green flower. Fashionable and functional.
Well I'm sorry to say that the marketing department forgot to test one key demographic...a household with a potty training two year old that is obsessed with watching a stream of pee shoot into the water so he can be rewarded by flushing the toilet. (He's easy to please) Artem has gone from one wee, little drop of pee that will only fall to the toilet after he bounces up and down, to a full-on geyser of liquid. And he has to, "pee pee mama" all.day.long! Bless his little heart, he absolutely beams with pride after he sees his accomplishment but my new cleaning friend; mighty green florette, doesn't stand a chance against this toilet flushing madman.
I guess it's back to old school hand-to-hand combat with me and toilet cleaning, or else we need to instruct our financial planner to buy heavily into SC Johnson stock. But until then, potty training is back on, AGAIN, at our house and this time, with a vengeance. Give me strength!
10 comments:
Oh, darn the double flush. I wish I could reclaim the sense of accomplishment that Artem feels upon a successful potty!
As bad as cleaning toilets are...I still think it pales in comparison to changing dirty diapers, which is where you are headed with the potty training! Good job Artem!
Cleaning toilets is my favorite task COMPARED TO cleaning up the THICK, syruppy residue that forms around the toilet shared by three boys (some of whom have been potty trained for six years.... ahem) because they continue to think they can talk to their brothers, look at the ceiling AND hit the bowl with a pee stream all at the same time... Take my advice, be a nazi about Artem hitting something IN the toilet while he's still trainable. Hey, maybe there's a new use for the florets! :)
Give Artem the little green sticky on thing to aim at!
Artem, the pee bandit! Way to go boy! He'll be a sharp shooter for sure. :) Our household likes Cheerios for aiming practice if you're wanting fun ideas. :) A friend of mine actually turned the water off on the tank, put a tub sticker on the bottom of the bowl, then turned the water back on. Interesting but I would hate to have the job of removing said sticker later. Ickie!!
BTW... you WON an award. Go to my blog to read about it!!
XO
Tiff
Funny stuff. Glad you are trying out various products for us, so we know what to buy/not buy. Good Luck potty training!
lololol!! That is hysterical. At least there is hope for your future toilet cleaning endeavors once the little guy loses fascination with the potty.
this is soo funny and gave me a good chuckle. Just be happy that Artem does flush toys down the toilet bowel to see what happens. My nephew has tried that more than once when he was a tolder. I thought my brother was going to lose his mind. Thank God he is cute and they let him live.
Laura
Too funny!! And if it makes you feel better I have been forbidden to use any of the same items. Lets just say we had a bit of a mishap where a tablet turned out whole bathroom blue.
Post a Comment