Friday, January 9, 2009

Favorite Things Friday...and it's Friday!


It's Friday and I'm actually getting my Favorite Things Friday done on Friday. Do wonders ever cease?? Never mind the fact that it is past 11:00 p.m. and Saturday is only 1 hour away.

1. My favorite thing in the whole world right now is my new Mac lipstick. I am THAT girl with tons of lipsticks-gone-bad scattered in various drawers and purses throughout my house. I can never find the right color and I end up looking like a mortician applied my lipstick. While I was in FL I went shopping with my sister in law, Amy, whose makeup always looks flawless and she took me to the MAC counter at Macy's for a new look. I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw the two employees working the counter. Employee #1 was a guy with shaved arms, severely plucked eyebrows, and a rather thick layer of clear lip gloss. Employee #2 was female and wearing fish net stockings under her micro mini, had 4 discernible colors of hair, and the frostiest blue eye shadow that I've ever seen...it would have brought a tear of pride to Farrah Fawcet's eye. I went with employee #2 and to my relief, the lady knew her makeup and got me set up with some AWESOME new products. She promised me this lipstick would last all day long and it has delivered and then some. If you want some great longgggg wear lipstick go out and buy this product. Ignore the fact that it's 20 bucks for lipstick and splurge. The lipstick I put on this morning on the way out the door at 9:00 is the same lipstick that is still on my lips right now. It's that good, I promise!


2. Two year olds are my favorite thing, today anyway. I love how excited they are to learn new things. Right now Artem's obsession is bones. He points to different parts of his body and my body and asks me, "bones?" and I tell him yes or no depending on the body part. This has been going on for a few days and now he's moved on to our dog Bella and wants to know if she has bones. This morning he lifted up Bella's tail and pointed to the poop chute and asked, "Bones?" and I asked him, "Do you think Bella has a bone on her hiney?" and he replied, "Nooooo....(pause for serious thinking)...POOP!" Gotta love two year olds!


3. I love technology. One of the hardest parts about living overseas is feeling like we are out of the loop on TV shows, sports, and the news. While Randy was home we purchased a Slingbox and he called me tonight and told me it was working. Let me see if I can explain this correctly because it is truly amazing what technology can do nowadays. We have Direct TV in our home here in TX. The Slingbox sits next to our router in the office that brings the internet signal into our home. The Slingbox also has a little device that snaps on our DVR that sends a signal back to the box in the office. Randy logs onto his computer overseas and clicks on the Slingbox icon on his desktop and up pops our Direct TV right on his computer. From his computer in our home overseas, he can operate our DVR here in TX and watch any show he wants to watch. He can watch shows we have recorded, he can record upcoming shows, and he can watch live TV right on his laptop. He can even watch pay per view shows and it's billed to our Direct TV account here in TX. We took one more step and bought an additional piece that sends the signal from his laptop to our TV in the living room over there and Randy was able to lay in bed this morning (his time) and watch our 10:00 p.m. news. Absolutely incredible! I am so excited I could spit. This means I get all my shows like Desperate Housewives, Army Wives, and HGTV and it's all on the same exact schedule it is here in the states. No more watching season 2 of Lost while I'm overseas. It also means I can access all of our XM radio stations that are on Direct TV. This also means we don't have to pay for cable TV over there anymore which thrills me to no end since their programming is out of date and mostly consists of the National Geographic channels, old seasons of "Coach", and the BBC news. Gotta love technology!




I almost forgot, if you guessed that our sugar cookies were trains, you are correct!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love technology too. That slinbox thing sounds wicked cool!

Dede said...

Tell Randy if he has any problems hooking that Slingbox to just watch this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy-pD-M0rY4

Over Caffeinated Mama said...

Hey funny girl... I have a story to share with Artem about bones that is based on a conversation I had with my seven year old... but maybe we should save that one for when Artem has that "bone" of his own! :)

Tiffany said...

YEAHHHH!!!! I was RIGHT!! TRAINS!!! :)