Thursday, November 18, 2010

Low Man On The Totem Pole

Some days Artem says the sweetest things that absolutely make my heart melt. And other days, well...

This morning he wakes up and immediately starts to tell me what his favorite things are. "First I like (holding up one finger) firefighters, and second I like (touching his middle finger) Bella, and then I like (holding up just one finger again) Daddy, and then I like...long pause...long pause...YOU!"

Really? I rank below firefighters and the family dog? Someone needs to teach this boy that the woman who butters his bread and wipes his bottom better move up that totem pole if he would like to continue this posh life he's living!

9 comments:

Heather & Chad said...

Haha! This made me laugh!! I guess at least you made the list! :)

Jeanette said...

My second grade son made this sign for school that hung outside the classroom. In it he told where he came from...
My dad who plays baseball with me.
My brother who shares candy with me.
My sister who hits me.
Kohr Brother's ice cream
Ocean City

No mention of ME!!!! Ouch!!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Ahhh. . .but if you weren't there to do those things. . .suffice it to say, I took a breather (business trip) for two nights last spring--first time away every--and my husband heard nothing but "Mama doesn't do it that way, daddy!" but, I returned to my bottom dwelling post once I came home. . . : )

Tracey and Chuck said...

That is too funny!!!! I know for sure I am not on the list somedays and the dogs are on top of the list!! :) LOL

Gloria said...

Sorry but I had to laugh at your post. I too would be lower then our dogs. We have three. I am sure their older brother would be above me and their dad too. But I do know whose name they call out in the night - mine and who they go to when they are sick or hurt. I guess they just assume we will always be there no matter where we are on the totem pole.

MtnGirl said...

LOL! That was funny, but he didn't mention his brother either so maybe you shouldn't feel too bad! :-)

Lindsay said...

Perhaps he just saved the best till last ;)

Andrea said...

Sorry, but I lauged too! At least his dad was also lower than fire fighters and Bella...

I love conversations with my daughter first thing in the morning. It's so funny what's on their minds when they wake up!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Chris was 6 and he had to write a "who I am and what I like" poster for the back to school night wall. All the other kids had "I like mommy, I like daddy, I like my brother". and Chris's read "I like money!" At least you made the totem pole. :)