Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy in Dubai

We are happily settling into Dubai this week. We had a great flight with two very well behaved boys, which was a good thing because when Randy flew to Texas to get us, he lasted only a few hours before becoming VERY sick and spent the remainder of the time home in bed. I managed to get him up long enough to take him to urgent care and then it was back home in bed in the quarantine room. Thank goodness Randy's parents were there because I could not have got the house ready to be on the market, deal with the packers that spent two days getting our things into permanent storage, getting Bella shipped to Dubai, and then getting us packed for the trip with a four and two year old underfoot. After my in laws dropped us off at the airport on Saturday they went back to our house and finished cleaning it. They were a huge help!

Speaking of Bella, she did wonderful on her flight from Houston to Frankfurt Germany and then into Dubai. She was happy to see me when she arrived at our house and is over her jet lag. She's the same ol' Bella except now she thinks she's allowed to sleep on the couch while we are gone. Someone in Frankfurt must have put that little bug in her ear. I'm so glad we shipped her here with us. I feel settled since all of my babies are with me.

Our villa is slowly starting to feel like home. We are unpacked from the trip but are waiting for our household goods to show up. We shipped them on February 2nd and they should arrive in Dubai on the 15th of this month and then it typically takes 2-3 days for them to clear customs. So hopefully next week we'll have our things and I can start making this place feel like home. Once I get things put together I'll get pictures posted of our house. I really, really love it and I absolutely LOVE our neighborhood, Arabian Ranches!! We should have moved here years ago. I love the park in our cul-de-sac, I love all of the trees and vegetation, I love our pool, I love our community center. I can't say enough good things about it here, I'm so glad we made the choice to move to Dubai and leave Abu Dhabi.

Well nap time for the boys is just about over so I need to scoot. We spent the morning in the pool so I had two very tired boys to drop into bed this afternoon. Have I mentioned I love our neighborhood??

7 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Glad you all made it there safely. . .can't wait to see pictures of the place. Sounds wonderful!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Glad you all made it there safely. . .can't wait to see pictures of the place. Sounds wonderful!

Jeanette said...

So happy you are enjoying the move! I can't wait to see pics!

I get a headache thinking about all you had to do to get there :)

Jen said...

I'm so glad you are all there safe and sound (I had been meaning to ask about Bella, so I'm glad to hear she is there with you.).

I have to say I'm a little jealous of your new digs. Hope you continue to love it.

Anne & James said...

Glad to hear everyhting went great. Can't wait to see pictures.

Ani said...

Glad the 5 of you made it there in one piece! Can't wait for pics!

Robyn said...

So glad you are enjoying your wonderful new expat life in Dubai. I'm so envious!! I'd hope our one-year-in UK-that-turned-into-twelve-years might have resulted in some time living there. Isn't it great? I'll be at the airport in Dubai on April 2nd stopping over enroute to Australia. I'll put my face up to window and say hello!! :-)
X Robyn