Artem has a toy camera that he uses to take "pictures". After watching him take a few pictures today with his toy, I asked him if he would like to use my camera to take pictures. You would have thought I just gave him a million dollars, but then a million dollars means nothing to a three year old, but use mama's camera...that's the jackpot!
I let him use my D40 since it's light weight and smaller and in all honesty, I wasn't ready to let the boy run around the house with my D90 and heavy 30mm prime lens. I love him but I've got to draw the line somewhere!
I showed him how to look through the lens finder, support the camera with his hands, listen for the lens to focus, and press down on the shutter button. He caught on really quick!
Checking his work...
Going in for the shot...
Artem knew exactly what he wanted to photograph. He didn't take random pictures, he walked through the house and told me everything he wanted to shoot.
Artem's gallery of work:
Some of my personal children's books (I have over 700):
I think this one is my favorite!

3 comments:
He must have been watching when his mama was giving lessons because he did a fine job! Go Artem!
Susan... he did super awesome!! My favorite is the pic with all the books - just the abstract of it all. Tell him that Aunt "Def" said 'Good Job' : )
Impressive work...he's a natural!!
:-)
Robyn
Post a Comment