Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me Monday

It’s Monday and that means it’s time to be brutally honest and share deny some of my finest moments this past week with McMama's Not Me Monday. It was really a light week for me, with it being so close to Mother’s Day; I was on my very best behavior and determined to keep it together for one full week.

Super Woman I am not and a few little mishaps may have slipped out…

For starters, I did NOT yell at Randy to stop spraying whip cream directly from the can into Artem’s mouth so I could run and get my camera. Artem clearly does NOT partake in those delicacies high-fructose-corn-syrup-containing-sugar-overload-inducing foods. NOT in this household!



And I did NOT embarrass the limited English speaking grocery delivery man that came to my house this week, by yelling at him through the crack of the door, “Who is it??” in a high pitched, sexy bedroom voice, when I thought it was Randy standing on the other side with his hands full of groceries and needing my help opening the door. And when the limited English speaking, now completely scared, grocery delivery man did not answer back, I did NOT continue to freak him out even more by saying, “You want me fluff your pillows??” (think Tommy Boy movie). No, that would be extremely awkward for the both of us when I finally opened the door and saw him standing there holding all my groceries, his mouth hanging open and eyes as big as saucers. Not me, I wouldn’t dream of doing something like that!!


Finally, I did NOT encourage good hand washing practices by placing a bottle of soap on the back of the bidet so it would be easier for Artem to wash his hands after using the toilet. I most certainly am NOT too lazy to pick him up and hold him over the sink each and every time he has to wash his hands and I am NOT taking the easy way out by using the bidet for something other than its intended purpose. (For the record, we are a toilet paper using family stuck happily living in a bidet using society, I had to justify its presence in our bathroom somehow.)




There you go, only a few less than stellar moments this week, but now that’s Mother’s Day has passed us by, I’m sure I’ll be in rare form this coming week!



6 comments:

Laura S said...

Ok the bidet one made me laugh out loud. That is hilarious.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the huge laugh today! I can SO understand the situation with the grocery deliver guy (and I'm thinking he may be trying to find someone else to deliver to you all next time!) And the bidet story--priceless!

mayorjohnsonswife said...

It's tough to decide if I follow your blog because Artem is so cute or if it's your hilarious stories! I think that's the largest purse I've ever seen :)

Lisa Johnson

Michelle said...

I love the grocery deliveryman story! I remember the scene in Tommy Boy and I know the exact tone and accent you were using. My husband and I are always knocking on doors and saying “Housekeeping”. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, you've outdone yourself this week, my friend.

Laura

Mike and Wanda said...

your a trip!