I am so excited to be registered for a photography class in Dubai. There is a photography exhibition/convention in Dubai the end of March into the beginning of April and they have top notch photographers coming in from all over the world to teach classes. I am enrolled in a beginner class (I'm not too proud to admit that) and I'm so excited to have this opportunity to learn more about photography. The only down side is I have to drive to Dubai BY MYSELF!! Eek! Dubai driving makes Abu Dhabi driving look tame and makes Moscow driving look like a street full of little nuns in horse and buggy. Makes my heart pound and my hands sweat just thinking about it. On second thought, maybe I'll take a taxi.....and a Valium.
This is my instructor Chris Hurtt. If only 1/100th of his talent could rub off on me... Have I mentioned how excited I am???
10 comments:
I'm jealous of your opportunity to do the photography class! that is so cool! The driving part though...yeah, not so much! I've been to Dubai, and there is no way I'd be able to drive there!! You'll be fine though...really! LOL!
Awesome! Class can be a great inspiration, even when you don't learn any new techniques. Good luck with the drive!
Safe travels for your trip back. The photography class sound like so much fun! I would love to learn to take awesome pics. And good luck with the driving! When you get back, we'll plan a play date.
Safe travels for your trip back. The photography class sound like so much fun! I would love to learn to take awesome pics. And good luck with the driving! When you get back, we'll plan a play date.
p.s. Thank you so much for your help with the school issues! His new teacher is like the "preschool whisperer"! Absolutely awesome.
You know it is cool to have someone to "walk through" this whole expat thing with.
I have found here that I just had to bite my lip and jump in with both feet. Staying home all the time, with no one to talk to (I even miss talking idle chit chat with people in the grocery line) is just depressing. I am not sure what the primary language is there but here it is can pretty isolating with the language barrier.
However having said all that, I too took a photography class (actually a 4 series class) and LOVED it. I am sure you will too. I have also taken a cooking class and gotten involved in a local expat organization. I have invited myself places to meet other people. If I don't do all that I will never survive the next 3-5 years. I am sure it is similar there as well.
So know that you are not alone. ((hugs)) Safe travels back!
Have a safe trip back! It's great that you signed up for the class. I'm sure you'll meet some great people while you get to learn more about photography!
That's going to be a BLAST!
Have a great time with your new hobby - you take great pics and have a wonderful, perfect little being as your muse!!
I'm excited for you, Susan. Hope your trip back goes well.
The photography class sounds fun. Maybe you can pass on some of the tips to the rest of us. Have a safe trip back and go with the Taxi option!
I was given a DSLR for Christmas, and it has been wonderful. I particularly enjoying getting wonderful shots of our girls. I too hope to learn more about photography. I'm sure you'll find it a good outlet and Abu Dhabi should provide lots of interesting material to photograph.
Have a good trip back!
Post a Comment