This Tuesday Randy and I will be celebrating 8 years of marriage and every year I worry and fuss over what gift to give him. I was determined to surprise him this year with something really cool which was not easy to do while living in a foreign country and not really knowing my way around. I scored major brownie points with this year's gift that I gave Randy on Friday...a skydive experience ! I know, nothing says, "thank you for 8 wonderful years" like hurling your man out of an airplane, but this one utilizes a wind tunnel instead of an airplane and is safer for the first timer.
The wind tunnel:
Randy did awesome and the instructor could not believe that is was really Randy's first time with skydiving. The bottom of the skydive tunnel was made of thick glass and Artem and I were able to sit and watch Randy and take pictures. His first session was 2 minutes long and the instructor helped him get the hang of things and then he had a two minute wait while another man took his turn. After that man was finished the instructor quickly briefed Randy on new things to try and Randy got back in for the rest of his session and did everything the instructor showed him. He was a pro and the instructor actually left the tunnel and stood at the entrance because Randy was doing so well.
Randy skydiving:
Artem was fascinated with skydiving and was VERY upset that he could not get in the wind tunnel, you have to be at least 3 years old, but was very satisfied when Randy gave Artem his used ear plugs as a consolation prize. Not only was he happy to wear them, but he wore them for the rest of the night and on into dinner. Lucky mommy and daddy!! If only everything in life could be smoothed over with some used ear plugs...
Daddy's used ear plugs...SWEET!
Having a little snack with his used ear plugs:
Going to dinner with his used ear plugs:
STILL wearing the used ear plugs, see how dark it is outside?
9 comments:
Oh man, that looks like an absolute blast! It's on my list. There's a place in Vegas that offers indoor skydiving so maybe...
Happy anniversary! Great gift. LOL
Wonderful idea for the present. Looks like fun (and the only way I'd ever consider it).
Too cute on the earplugs.
Happy Anniversary!
Now that Randy mastered the wind tunnel; it sounds like he's ready for the REAL THING! Oh, I have 750 jumps under my belt - it's all very safe! :-)
Who would of thought used ear plugs could be so fashionable? Really...could he be any cuter?
Happy Anniversary! You gift to Randy sounds like and amazing time :-)
Just now catching back up with all of my favorite blogs. So happy to see you decided to continue blogging. I can't believe how big Artem has gotten. What a beautiful little boy!
Happy Birthday Artem! Can't think of many places I would rather be then in Dubai on my birthday!
Don't you just love Dubai! Ski Dubai has an awesome play area for kids and the slopes were fun! Did you know they opened an indoor ski area in Moscow this past year?
Dinia
Hello. We have a common blogger friend...Beth and her 2 Russian Czars. Anyhow, I have been playing around with The Shabby Shoppe paper. You must tell me how to get the background paper on the blog. I have been fooling around with it for 2 days now. I am no dummy on the computer but apparently, this has me beat! I throw up the white flag. Can you please help me? My email address is tmcblondie@charter.net. I too have an adoption blog. We adopted 2 kiddos back in March of '07. Our blog address is thebierbaumsadventure.blogspot.com.
Teresa
Post a Comment