Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm In The Club

I cried today...like a baby...but they were tears of happiness.

It was my first Mother's Day tea with Artem at his preschool and I now join the ranks of the mothers that count a multi-colored flower pot as one of their most prized possessions on Earth.


He also made a new tote bag for me with his little hand print and inside the tote bag was a picture frame containing another hand print with a printed poem glued next to it that instructed me that years from now when he's fully grown, to touch the little hand and remember that his heart unconditionally belongs to me. Arghhhh...why did his teachers do this to me?? That really got the water works going.

Oh that flower pot, it's a true work of art, and he was so proud to present it to me. I cried more tears and then he asked me, "Want me to wipe your tears mama?" You're killing me Artem! No one warned me about these Mother's Day teas.


I hope this little flower pot lasts many, many years and someday when Artem comes to visit and brings his own three year old over, I can tell them all about the day I joined that coveted club of mother's that count these tiny little pots as one of the most beloved gifts they have ever received.

But for right now, I'm just going to enjoy my third Mother's Day with this little guy and make sure that at the next Mother's Day tea I have plenty of Kleenex on hand.



14 comments:

MtnGirl said...

Ahhhhh, that is so awesome you are now in the Mother's Day tea club! Your little Artem is quite the little charmer! Happy Mother's Day!!

Carla S said...

How very sweet!

Michelle said...

i know this is off topic, but it's crazy how much Artem looks like his daddy! :-D

glad you're finally part of the club. i can only imagine how fulfilling it is for you. ;-)

Laura S said...

So sweet...and nice gifts too! Don't think we'll be getting anything that nice from our schools. :(

Carrie said...

Precious! I went to Sam's first mother's day tea yesterday too.

Kim and Lance said...

Oh Susan! You made me cry... and I believe it's been well established that I am NOT a pretty crier! How precious and sweet. Isn't being a Mommy the best? (especially to little boys)

Anonymous said...

What a great post!! You deserve a Mothers Day Tea for being such a great mom to Artem :)

Antoine & Lori said...

Isn't it fun?! I had Claire's tea this morning (hand print decorated flower pots, soil and seeds) and am just about to leave work for Simone's. I already know what we moms are receiving and what will be served, but it's still a secret because Simone whispered it to me! Lori

Carol said...

Oh, I know just how you feel. I got my flower pot today too. Keep smiling through the tears, those are our boys!

Anonymous said...

Awww...so sweet...you brought tears to MY eyes!

Silvana said...

Susan, I have been following your blog for quite a while. I love reading your updates, especially when I was down in the dumps waiting and waiting for my call to Russia. I am happy to say, I went to my first mother's day tea yesterday as well. I cried like a baby, it was embarassing. All the best to you and your family.

Chris said...

Happy for you - very nice!

Troy and Rachel said...

Aren't the gifts they work so hard on at school the absolute best?!?! I'm so glad you had a great tea time!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

man is he ever precious! that last shot of he and you together is adorable!!! congrats on your first mother's day tea :)