Saturday, March 27, 2010

Girls vs Boys

I love being a mom to a boy, the rough housing, wrestling, jumping off the top of the slide, I love it all. It's no secret that I'm hoping the next child we adopt from Russia will be a boy but yesterday I got a glimpse of life with a girl.


I babysat for a friend of mine. She has a 21 month old daughter who is so sweet, petite, and girly. We played together while Artem napped and it was a little strange to see her play gently with the toys. Nothing crashed, nothing exploded, and no Fisher Price Little People fell to their death from the top of the office desk.


The two of us played house together and it was endearing to watch her play with the Little People and make Mommy give the baby her bottle. She had Mommy kiss the baby before she put everyone to bed; it was very sweet.



But wait one steamy, hot minute here...that dainty, gentle, sweet little girl is putting Mommy to bed with the Bus Driver!!



Someone needs to tell Daddy to stop shootin' the breeze with the Pirates and warn him about the shocking little tryst going on upstairs!!




Oh dear! Give me a car crash, a bus full of stuffed animals exploding, a trash truck driving over Kermit the Frog...but not this...this kind of scandal I cannot handle!


8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your blog always cracks me up!!!!! I have two boys who are the best of friends (90% of the time). As much as I wanted a girl for our second child, when he came out and I heard he was a boy, I was so happy Nate had a brother! Wouldn't change it for the world, but now I'm traveling half way around that same world to get a girl :)

Joy said...

Funny...just plain funny! I so could see you with a girl so it is true.
Joy

Carrie said...

You are too funny!!

Carey and Norman said...

Scandalous, I must say!

Glad to hear that you've made a decision to return to Russia. Now you can start planning for that brother or sister for Artem! Will be anxious to hear what you decide!

Beth said...

Beware! I was so looking forward to a little scandal and girliness with Cara - nope! My little tomboy is giving her two big brothers a run for their money. Apparently little girls are also fasinated with Matchbox cars and crashing, banging them into one another.
Hope things are going well with the adoption - looking forward to following your journey to another child.

Over-Caffeinated said...

Girls are definitely quieter though! :) After three boys, I don't think my ears could have handled the sound another package of testosterone would have added. But, oh, the drama!!!!!

Robyn said...

There is no end to the Barbie scandals in my house....and you haven't heard anything until you've heard the outrageous Sylvanian Families in action!
Ha!
:-)

Rhandi said...

Love it! For some reason when William plays in the dollhouse Mom is upstairs in the nursery while Dad is in bed with the hot little McDonalds barbie in the red evening gown...hmm.